Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
malhede

Default Getting a table's heading to say "continued" on the second page

I also struggled with inserting a "table XX - continued" in my document! But
I think that i found a very good solution to the problem!
Insert a continous Section Break before and after the table in question.
Then You are able insert a Header with the words "table XX - continued" in
just that section containing the table... (You have to uncheck the button
"Link to previous" in the Header dialog box). After you inserted the header
You have to remove the header from the first page of the table (dont want
that page to display continued and do also remove the header from the page
just after the table... ) VOILA!
I guess this is the easy way to do it when Your tables are more than 3
pages...

Please note that section breaks interpheres with page numbering... it starts
at page 1 from every break you insert! This is solved by selecting "start
from previous" in the Page Number dialog box!

"RJRocheteau" wrote:

I know how to select the first row in a table, containing my table heading or
title, and make it repeat on the next page, when the table overlaps the end
of the page.

How do I get Word to recognize that the table has spanned more than one page
and on the second and subsequent pages, repeat the Table Title but with the
word "CONTINUED", or "(Cont.)", or similar, appended to the end of the Table
Title.

Thanks in advance for any help.