Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Replacing carriage returns with spaces in MS Word

Peter's reply gives you the basic answer to your question. If you're trying
to reformat text copied from the Web, it may be that what you are dealing
with is not paragraph breaks but line breaks. In any case, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CleanWebText.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Wild Bill" Wild wrote in message
How can I replace a whole bunch of carriage returns in a part of a
document
with spaces? I tried using Replace All, but MS Word would not accept a
carriage return as a character in the Find field. Would have been easy if
it
did!

Sometimes I copy and paste e-mail messages into Word documents so I can
reformat them for reprinting, and when I do this from my e-mail program
each
line within a paragraph ends up with a carriage return inserted that I
would
like to delete.