Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Numbered headings in tables

How have you set up the numbering? Are you using outline numbering, seq
numbering, caption numbering or something else? If outline numbering, is the
heading 2 numbering set to restart after a heading 1 and do any heading1s
appear before the heading 2s?

PamC

Felix wrote:
Well, I've been trying to place the header 2 in the first row of my table,
and numbering restarts at 1 in each table. If I click on "Continue
numbering", I get unreliable results. Once I manage to get everything in
order, if I insert a page, my numbering goes all out of whack again and I can
spend hours fixing it. These documents are in the 100-300 page range.

Btw, I'm working with Word 2002 (Office XP). :-|

I must not be understanding what you're asking because I don't see what kind
of problems you anticipate from doing this the way you would like.

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

Thanks !