Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I create a new outline numbered style in Word 2003?

You can have as many outline-numbered lists as you like, set up as described
at http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. The
important thing is to have the outline levels correctly linked to the styles
and to have the styles all linked to the same outline list. Note that you
cannot have the same style linked to more than one outline-numbered list.

If you're trying to create additional outlines for, say, appendixes, see
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html

"Alison" wrote in message
Hi. In working with complex documents containing several

sections/exhibits,
I've run into occasions where I need a second set of outline-numbered

styles.
How do I create a second set of outline styles and keep them independent

of
the first set, but link them so that the styles renumber within this

second
group as they should? Thanks for the help!
--
Alison