Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tipuana

Default glossary macro in Word?

No, sorry, this is not exactly what I wanted. This takes the WP5.1 macros
and creates a glossary list of them in AutoText. (And as I have over 3000
macros in WP, its quite a process.) It does not convert the actual glossary
macros that are in WP. To go back to my example of my glossary of Latin
phrases, which is called LATIN.WPM in WP, it will not convert this macro.
What I actually want to do is to create new glossaries so that pressing
typing €œhc€ and then pressing a key (perhaps Alt-L) it will give me honoris
causa. Likewise typing the same letters €œhp€ and pressing a different key
(perhaps Alt-C) will give me High Court in a list of names of courts. In
other words this is like having separate AutoText lists on different keys.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Tipuana,

Microsoft's advice at the address below may be useful:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216706/en-us
Basically, it describes how you can convert you existing WP glossary macros
to Word AutoText entries.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Tipuana" wrote in message
I am doing a quantum leap from working in WP5.1 for DOS to working in

Word.
In WP I had glossary macros. For instance I had created a list of Latin
phrases on Ctrl-L. All I had to do was type the initial letters of a

Latin
phrase and then press Ctrl-L and the phrase would appear. Would it be
possible to create such macros in Word? Or, alternatively, is it possible

have separate AutoText lists allocated to different keys? Any suggestions
appreciated. Thanks.