Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How to customise my word

What you need is a userform, which is better than what you are suggesting as
it can provide controls into which the user can enter all of the information
in the one go and then when they click on the command button on the form,
the information will be transferred to the appropriate places in the
document.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jase Hinde" Jase wrote in message
I use mail merge at work and i was trying to improve our system. I think
there is a way of doing what we need, but i dont know how and would
appriciate your help. when we open a standard letter, we have to manually
find any places where a word needs to be entered. It would be good if
word
asked us what to type in, with a description. E.G

Please enter the name o f your client.

Then when we typed the name of our client in the box, it would transfer to
the place on the letter we wanted it.

After asking this, it would then ask the next question, then the next
question untill they are all completed.

Kind Regards Jason