Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier

Default Indexing with a concordance file

Also, some additional tips can be found at:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/Formatting/Createindex.htm

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"john" wrote in message
I am typing my thesis and I need an index. I created a concordance
file but
it only works with words that do not have symbols at the front. For
example,
the chemical ((s/R)-bis-dicholor.... will not come up in the
concordance file
though if I take the parentheses off, it seems to work just fine. Is
there
anyway around this without doing the whole thing manually?