Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nit_Wit_400 Nit_Wit_400 is offline

Default Repeat the fields

Mr. Jamieson

Sorry for taking so long to reply; I got caught up in other work
stuff. But alas, I'm back to this particular grindstone.

Actually, I've made some headway.

I've figured out an easy-ish way which will theoretically solve the
issue. It will still require some grunt-work, but it will cut out
some serious time in the end-product.

So, in my workbook, I have a header row which refers to the
information in column B:
Row 1 is numbered 1-99
Row 2 =B8:B106 meaning A2 thru CU2 is equal to B8 thru B106 -- know
what I mean?
Row 3 has information for the dropdown menus throughout the
spreadsheet. This is done to prevent erroneous entries in some
specific cells -- some of our analysts are daft.
For some unholy reason, A4:6 thru C4:6 are merged together to make the
title cell of the spreadsheet (don't know why whoever made the
template just didn't use one cell... but whatever, that's the way it
is). The first 3 rows are hidden so that the analyst can't tamper
with the spreadsheet.
Anyway, row 7 is blank (to separate the meat from the title).

The rest of Column A refers to what the analyst should put in the
corresponding cells of column B.
--------------above here is what is currently used as a mailmerge data
source

And until now, this worked fine, as long as the Word document only
needed one set of information.
Recent developments require that the Word document contains up to (and
hopefully no more than) 10 sets.

So, my idea is to make 9 more header rows which refer to columns C
thru J if you catch my drift.

Think that'll work?