Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Default Ballons: Tracking Changes

Hi ?B?V29vZHkxMw==?=,

I normally use the Ballons to track changes in word. In my current doc, even
though I have checked to use Ballons in options, it doesn't do it. On my
toolbar menu, I click the SHOW button and even though using Ballons is
checked in the options, the Ballon choices are all greyed out.

Did you create this document, or was it sent to you? If sent to you, can you
find out whether it was created in Word (or maybe WordPerfect) and if in Word,
in which version?

If you created it, did you apply any kind of protection? What do you see if you
go to Tools/Protect document (or do you see Unprotect Document)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)