Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Microsoft Word 2003 keeps locking up when I open it

You need only be concerned about Normal.dot files in your own user profile.
It is normal to have one per profile.

"snoop" wrote in message
Herb,
I did the winword /a from run and that worked, it started right up. I did
the next step which was to see if I had more than 1 normal.dot files and I
do, however i have 2 accounts on my computer 1 for my wife and 1 for me. I
have one of those files under both names (users). What should I do

next????

Thanks,
snoop

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Take a look here for possible solutions:

--
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"snoop" wrote in message
Everytime that I click to open Microsoft word it, locks up on me. It

does
not
go past the first window that pops up and says "microsoft word 2003"

I can however open Microsoft Excel 2003 and outlook without any

problems
at
all. I have uninstalled and installed the software and nothing is

working.
Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance