Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MTLincoln54 MTLincoln54 is offline

Default Relative vs. absolute width of tabbed leader lines

Hi, helpful people --

Using Word 2003, part of Small Business Edition.

I'm editing a manuscript which has a lot of lines so that a reader can fill
in lined spaces with his/her own notes. See below:
________________________
________________________
________________________

The manuscript is in standard letter-size layout, but it is being uploaded
to a publish-on-demand template that will produce a 6x9 book with the text
fully justified.

When I laid out the book, I just let the ____ lines wrap themselves until I
had the # of lines I needed. But this will, I now see, ruin the nice, even
set of lines, because of the smaller format into which it must be placed.

Is there a way to code the tabs for the leader lines so that when it is
placed into the smaller-format template, instead of the template compensating
automatically by wrapping the lines, instead instruct it to create, say,
three lines to go to the right margin (but *without* the measurement, i.e.,
tab stop = 6"), so that the template will simply size these lines
appropriately?

Thnak you in advance, MT