Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Automatically Formatting column widths

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure I understand the problem. You're inserting a table, and it should
have the given settings. These are made in Table/Table Properties, in the
Columns tab.

But I don't understand what that has to do with exporting from another program
into the document that contains this table?

I have a table with 2 columns and an unknown number of rows. I will be
exporting from another program into a Word document that contains this Word
table. I want to force the left column to span from leftmost edge of the
page (0.2" exactly) to 0.75". I then want to force the right column to span
from 0.75" to the right most edge of the page (0.75" from the right which is
about 7.2").

Can I use AutoFormat to do this?

Is there a better way to handle this? Say, templates perhaps?

Can you please give me some input on how to get Autoformat to do this?
Otherwise, can you direct me to information where I can learn more.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)