Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
anon k

Default Problems with Equation editor

Michael Moser wrote:
"anon k" wrote in message
m...

How about using an equation field? They're generally not hard to
write unless you have things like nested matrices to describe.
Mathematicians and their printers have ensured that 'normal'
mathematical text is, in general, easy to write and compose.

Tried using an equation field but for some reasons it doesn't seem to
recognize the misc. keywords that are described in help (\i \su...(),
\do...(), etc.)

And what's worse: it keeps crashing on me. Whenever I click on the field
to edit it Word immediately dies. Too bad that Word is so buggy...

I've had only one problem with equation fields: they are sometimes very
sensitive to spaces in the formula. When I'm editing, a missed space
sometimes leads the field to collapse into some non-printing state.
Expanding it out and finding the spot that's missing its space fixes
that. Just why this is, I still don't know.