Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jimbo Jimbo is offline

Default Spell check does not work in Word 2007?

I don't have a spelling tab, but a "proofing" tab. When I click that and
view the spelling options, under the Word option, the first four blocks are
checked. I clicked OK. I then typed a document with errors. Nothing was
underlined, and when I checked spelling, it indicated there were no errors
inspite of the mannnny that I put in the document. My default language is set
to English.

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

Click the Office button, then Word Options and check the spelling tab.
Everything look fine there? If it does, try it again.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Jimbo" wrote in message
:

I cannot get spell check to work in Word 2007 (using Vista). I purposely
missspell words and they are not underlined nor are the identified as being
misspelled when I check the spelling. I have checked the settings and am
using English as the language. Everything else looks ok.

Jim