Dave

Default Mail Merge Compatibility

Hello,
I am in the process of upgrading a clients office by ordering new PC's.
Most users only need MS Word with a few needing MS Office XP Pro. I would
like to save them some $$$ by ordering only what they need. They use a MS
Access developed application that uses MS Word for the custom documents. The
data for the custom documents is pulled from the MS Access application
database using mail merge. Can I use MS Word 2002 on some PC's and MS Office
XP Pro on other PC's and still be able to share the custom documents of this
application or will using MS Office XP Pro save the document in a format that
MS Word 2002 will not be able to use?

Thanks for any help.
Dave