Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Cannot open a Word file on a network drive

To repeat: only one person can have a document open for editing *at one
time.* What you are experiencing is normal if two or more users are trying
to open the file simultaneously. If one is opening and closing it, and then
another is unable to open it for editing, then this would not be normal.

"Gerda Schilling" wrote in
message ...
All of the user has Full Control permissions. I experience this only with
Word 2007 and not with the older versions

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Only one person can open and have control of a file at a time. Word is
not a
multi-user system. If others cannot open the document normally, then you
need to check the file permissions of all of you as the lock files do not
appear to be released when the document is closed.

Gerda Schilling wrote:
I saved a document on a network drive and obviously when the first
person open it, the doc is fine. For the second person it opened as
read-only and for the third person an error occurs that the file does
not exist or the folder is invalid.