Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default How to copy table cell shading to another cell in Word?

It's too bad that W2007 is even more picky about giving up the color numbers
than W2003 is (you can't just have the cursor in the cell; the cell must be
selected, etc.). You've probably already noticed that as long as you are in
the same W2007 session that the color was chosen in, it will be highlighted
in either in the theme, standard colors, or recent colors sections of the
shading dropdown. In later sessions, go to the reveal formatting pane
(styles pane style inspector (does anyone see a use for this feature?)
button reveal formatting button€”or add the reveal formatting command to
your QAT) to get the color number.

PamC

owyheerover wrote:
For me, using Word 2007, the shading tab does not show the current color.
The conditions are
1) it is a custom color
2) close word and reopen the file.

You can see a picture at http://www.earthpoint.us/downloads/shading.jpg

I have added cell shading to a table cell in word. Now I would like to
repeat this color in another cell. But I cannot figure out what the current

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]
To copy quickly from one cell to another, I believe you need a macro for
that. Do you want to go that way or just do it manually?