Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Styles?

Modify the paragraph formatting of the Normal Style. To do that, Right
Click on the Style in the Styles section of the Home tab and then select
Modify, then Click on Format and then Paragraph and change the Line Spacing
to Single. Click on OK and then on the Radio Button for New documents based
on this template.

--
Hope this helps

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid, professional basis.

"Ed Smega" wrote in message
I just converted to Office 2007 from 97. In the old version of word I
could just open a new document and type. Now The initial text comes out
double spaced. It seems to be related to the NORMAL style selected at the
top of the screen. No spacing seems to help. How do I make it default to
no spacing or the equivalent of what I used to get with word 97?

I also noticed that if I initially entered the text with the NORMAL style,
realize the problem and fix it, it looks ok in the document but when I use
any of that text for an envelope, the extra spacing comes back and I can't
get the envelope to single space.

Ed