Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Batch Conversion From .doc to .docx?

The link I posted explains exactly what to do with the code.

As I said earlier Word 2007 opens and saves in doc format without the need
for conversion.

Word needs to create its own normal template (normal.dotm) into which you
can copy macros etc. It should do this during installation if another Word
version had been previously installed.

Most of the old macros should work, but there are some parts of the vba code
that have changed and some functions that are no longer available in the
same form.

RichD wrote:
Thanks. I'm not familiar with using such info to make a Word macro but
appreciate the response anyway.

I thought Microsoft would have furnished a built-in converter to do
the job, since it wants its Office customers to use the new file
format. Oh well...

One other question in this respect:

I used my normal.dot file from Office XP when I installed Office 2007
and it works fine with Office 2007. Will the macros in the old
normal.dot file that I brought over work with the new .docx format?