Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichD RichD is offline

Default Batch Conversion From .doc to .docx?

Graham:

You wrote something that may save me a good deal of time in terms of using
macros:

"Word needs to create its own normal template (normal.dotm) into which you
can copy macros etc. It should do this during installation if another Word
version had been previously installed."

Can you tell me how I could copy the contents of normal.dot to normal.dotm?
(Both are currently in the Templates folder.) I am now using normal.dot but I
want to somehow get its contents into normal.dotm because Word 2007 will not
permit me to build a new macro in normal.dot. and I need to add one or two
macros to the 25 or so I currently use.

Thanks.