Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Batch Conversion From .doc to .docx?

Use the macro organizer (Development Tab Macros Organizer) to move macro
projects from one template to the other.

RichD wrote:
Graham:

You wrote something that may save me a good deal of time in terms of
using macros:

"Word needs to create its own normal template (normal.dotm) into
which you can copy macros etc. It should do this during installation
if another Word version had been previously installed."

Can you tell me how I could copy the contents of normal.dot to
normal.dotm? (Both are currently in the Templates folder.) I am now
using normal.dot but I want to somehow get its contents into
normal.dotm because Word 2007 will not permit me to build a new macro
in normal.dot. and I need to add one or two macros to the 25 or so I
currently use.

Thanks.