If you are using Word 2002 or 2003, you can use your document as a template.
In the New Document task pane, choose "From existing document..." and select
your document. This will create a new document based on your old one, but it
will need to be named the first time you save it.

"Kaïn" wrote in message
Many times I use an older document as a basis for the document I am
working on.

In order not to inadverterly save OVER that document, I would like to
make a (n automated) macro that prompts me to Save my current document
As .. (with possiblity to keep current name or use an other one),
after like 1 minute or so.

I have however no clue as how to to such a thing.

I think the SaveReminder add-in from Graham Mayor's site
(http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm) (GREAT tool BTW) can be used as
a basis, but my knowledge of this programming language is too limited
to make the macro myself.

My thanks to anyone who can help me with this.

Kaïn