Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Amedee,

Along with being able to exchange files with other people
(see my reply to Gordon).

ObRant: I don't see a problem there. I can exchange files with other
people, even though I don't have any Microsoft product on my home pc at
all.

Ah, well. I remember working for a large corporation that received docs
and spreadsheets in so many different file formats. And it was always a
fight about being able to open AND print them, and still have them the
way the originals looked. We wasted more time on that... If everyone has
the same, the amount of time/work/money involved is reduced considerably.

Not that I'm saying Word is really good at passing along something that
will look exactly the same on the recipient's machine/printer. NOT!!! But
that's the theory behind many of the decisions.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org