Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Miao[_2_] Miao[_2_] is offline

Default How could we let Word number the table/figures automatically?

On Sunday, May 26, 2013 6:05:54 AM UTC+8, Stefan Blom wrote:
To expand a bit on Peter's reply: In Word 2003, the command is Insert |

Reference | Caption; in Word 2007 and 2010, it is References tab | Insert

Caption.

--

Stefan Blom

Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message

Select the table or figure and choose Caption from wherever it is in

your version of Word.

(You can also do it if you only have the captions and not the figures

themselves -- select the caption paragraph and choose Caption.)

On May 24, 1:32 am, wrote:

Hi,

I am working on a document with figures and tables. I can number the

tables/figures manually but I heard that there is a way to number them

automatically such that when I insert a new figure/table, the whole

number series (and the corresponding parts in table of contents ) could

be updated. How could this be done?

Thanks,

Miao

Thanks. By default, the size of the caption is 12. The ideal caption size in my mind is 14, which is the size of the texts in my article. Could I set it automatically or should I need to change the size manually whenever a new caption is set?

Thanks

Miao