Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Track Changes - Off Permanently

No, YOU don't know what YOU are talking about. It is IMPOSSIBLE
to "accept comments" in Word 2007, so it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to
"have accepted the comments several times". YOU don't know the
difference between "accept change" and "accept all changes". YOU
don't know the difference between changing to Final view and
accepting all tracked changes. You just proved once again that
one can lead a jackass to water but one can't make it drink.

Emaleth wrote:
YOU don't know what YOU are talking about as I HAVE accepted the comments
several times -

Please DO NOT REPLY

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

I (and evidently you) don't know what you're clicking on, but you
have NOT accepted all tracked changes and deleted all comments.

Emaleth wrote:

The document has been created by someone else in the company and has come to
me for finalization.
When I open it - it shows the changes and the default goes to "Final Showing
Markup" - I then Accept all changes, change the default to Final and the
Track Changes on the lower toolbar is "off" and then I save it (which it then
tells me that I am saving a document with track changes on) - when I close it
and reopen it reverts back to "Final Showing Markup" etc., etc., etc., - like
I have done nothing to the document.

It is driving me nuts!!!!!!!

"grammatim" wrote:

I've never had that problem; try clicking the "next change" arrow to
see if it takes you to changes in footnotes or something like that.
(If you've Accepted All Changes, it should report that there are no
tracked changes in the document.)

Are you saying that when Track Changes is marked as off, it's still
tracking your changes?

On Apr 17, 7:07 pm, Emaleth wrote:

Vista - Word 2007 -once you have turned on the track changes within a
document there seems to be no way to turn it off. I have "accepted all
changes", reviewed the document in "final", and have track changes "OFF" on
the lower toolbar - is this a glitch and am I fighting an losing battle?