Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default (Asian) MS Mincho

I have come to regard MS Mincho as the kudzu of fonts. What happens if you
select the text and explicitly apply a different font?

"Bruce" wrote in message
Often times when I copy and paste text from .pdf files, Word automatically
adds this (Asian) MS Mincho formatting to the text. How can I get rid of

it?
I have tried to change the style, but no matter which style I pick, the
(Asian) MS Mincho does not go away. Thanks.