jam

Default macro security will not stay set

after upgrading to office 2003, some of my originally created files upon
opening will prompt for disable/enable macros. even though i click "enable"
and then go and set macro security to "low" and then save the document, word
will not save the macro security level. It is not all word files, just some.
my macros are saved in the normal.dot. i have removed my normal.dot and let
word build a new one, but the same problem still exist! i have copied/pasted
entire doc's into a new file and the problem goes away, but i do not want to
have to do that to all of my files that have this problem!!