Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Amy Blankenship

Default Mail merge ate my stored queries

I went though the wizard from Access. Then Outlook wasn't my default
client, so I changed that and reopened the merge document in Word and
resent. I'm not sure which of these merges caused the problem.

Believe me, I was extremely surprised, too!

Just how did you run the mail merge?

Using the user interface, I would be extremely surprised if anything like
you suggest would happen.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in message
I ran a mail merge from my Access database, and the next time I opened the
database the only query still stored there was the one that was used for
the mail merge. I was initially pleased with the seamless integration,
but this sucks! luckily I had a backup, but if anyone can say how to
prevent this in the future, I'm all ears!

Thanks;

Amy