Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Drew Drew is offline

Default Printing or repaginating doubles document length

Thank you for the hint.

I was placing cross-references into the header of the chapter titles. For
some reason (I'm new to that feature), when I placed a header title, the
title and about 3 pages after that title was actually placed into the header.

After deleting about 10 of these incorrect headers, my document was back to
normal. Thanks for the help.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?RHJldw==?=,

I have a 180 page word 2003 document with tables and screenshots, toc etc.
In Print Layout view, the document is 180 pages. When I print the document,
it becomes 300+ pages. Same when I change views (say from Print Layout to
Normal view), the document becomes 300 pages.

What is happening, is a few of my tables are getting copied onto every page
(taking up about 1/2 the page) AFTER I do a print or repaginate. I do a undo
to restore the proper layout.

I've been going past this for a few days now, because no lightbulbs go off.
Today, I did get an idea... This sounds very much as if there may be something
like cross-references in your document that have extended to include tables.
Maybe cross-refs to the captions? If you press Alt+F9 to toggle on the field
codes do you see REF fields where these copied tables show up?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)