Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] Jeff@unknown.com is offline

Default Trouble with creating TOC

Discovered my error. The missing item was formatted as Normal text instead
of Heading. Works OK now.

Jeff

wrote:
I am trying to create a table of contents for a short document I am
writing. I am doing so by marking certain headings using
"Alt-Shift-O", and then going to the start of the document and
creating the TOC there.
Seems to work fine, except for one entry. It concerns a page that I
have titled "Appendix 2" (There is no "Appendix 1" yet). The code
entered is {.TC."Appendix.2".\f.C.\1."1".}

The only code between this "Appendix 2" and the rest of the text is a
page break.

No matter how often I update the TOC at the beginning of the page,
this "Appendix 2" does not appear in the TOC listings. Not sure why
or how to fix this. I would like it to make it show up. Would
appreciate advice.
Thanks.

Jeff