Peter Jamieson

1. There is only one mail merge data source per merge. However you link in
your "subdocuments", they will not have separate data sources from the main
document. However, this does not sound like the problem in your case.

2. I think you need to include your documents using INCLUDETEXT fields
rather than LINK or EMBED fields.

Peter Jamieson

"Rob Cowlard" wrote in message
Afternoon all,

I am an application developer exporting data from a
database in the form of a csv and then performing a number
of mail merges on it but I have a problem. I have set up
and tested three mail merges independently against the
same source but when I link/embed two of them into my
first main mail merge doc they become static. So when I
go from record to record in the main doc the two
linked/embedded docs do follow along and remain showing
the data for the first person in my dataset. Is it
possible to have the two linked/embedded docs driven from
the first?

If this sounds strange to you the reason that I am doing
the is that the first document is client specific but the
other two are generic and so if can get this working the
maintenance overheads should be much lower.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Rob

Word version – 2002 SP2