Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Word 2003 Daily Backup Question

This is not particularly to do with Word but the answer to both your
questions is probably not but you should be aware (and maybe you are, I
can't tell exactly from your post) that it is not good practice to work with
Word Documents on removable media - they should be copied to the hard drive
first.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"drybones" wrote in message
I would like to backup, "My Documents" on a daily basis to a External USB
Hard Drive.

Will there be a problem when restoring any of the backups to my 'Internal
HD' when
I attempt to either, 'Open" or "change" the documents that have been
restored due
to a failure of the internal HD?

Secondly, should I decide to backup to a DVD vice the External USB HD will
there
be any problems as mentioned above?

Many thanks for reading and hopefully replying.

drybones