This doesn't sound like a description of Reading Layout view at all. When I
use that view, the two facing pages take up the entire window, and text is
reflowed to a readable size (doesn't reflect the line or page breaks of the
original).

"Skids" wrote in message

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

the Reading Pane isn't set up to do this. It's set up to display one or

two
pages, as when reading a book, whereby the "pages" in this view will not
necessarily correspond to the page breaks in any other view. The width

of a
page is designed to be easily scanned by the eye, and is not adjustable.

I understand the intent of reading view and have scanned all the help

files
about it. I like the clarity of the text, but without a magnifing glass it

is
not very useful. The page comes out looking just slightly larger than a
thumbnail of the doc. At least 50% of the available screen is just blue

grey
background. Anything I can do to trick it into thinking it should display

on
a 21" screen ? then maybe it would blow up a little more.