Okay, I see what you're saying about the single page, but there's still
something wrong with what you're seeing. When I use Reading Layout view, the
text size is the same as it is in Normal view at 100% zoom. If the text on
your page is unreadable in Reading Layout view, then I would have to assume
that's because it's very small in the document. What is the point size of
the text in the document? And do you usually have to use a Zoom ratio higher
than 100% to view your documents?

In any case, what I may have lost sight of here is why you are using Reading
Layout view if you find it unsatisfactory. Why not just use another view in
which you can set the Zoom permanently at a convenient reading size?

"Skids" wrote in message

Thanks for trying to help. I'm sure you are both well intentioned. I am

not
a moron. I used to program unix to do applied physics for a living. I am

in
reading view. Reading view can display one page or two side by side. Just
clcik the button on the toolbar that says "Allow Multiple Pages" and it
switches. The issus is that when I click it so only one page is displayed,

it
does not use the three inches on left and right of the document. Clicking
zoom makes the text larger in the same view but doesn't use any more of

the
screen. The previewed page image is the same tiny size in side by side or
single. That is the issue.

I think I am barking up the wrong tree here. I get the impression someone

at
microsoft desgined this "feature" on their 21" monitor and it looked

great,
but didn't have the time to test it on a standard 14" notebook screen.

Maybe in Word 2005 or 2006 it will be useful.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This doesn't sound like a description of Reading Layout view at all.

When I
use that view, the two facing pages take up the entire window, and text

is
reflowed to a readable size (doesn't reflect the line or page breaks of

the
original).