Yes, when I change the view to a single page, I do have wasted space (as I
would in any view that displays an entire page). Short of zooming in, there
is no way to get Reading Layout view to show less than the page height,
which naturally results in wasted space. And there doesn't seem to be any
way to set the default zoom for Reading Layout view (as there is in Print
Preview).

"Skids" wrote in message
The documents I have looked at at Times New Roman 9 and 11. My normal zoom

is
100% which I usually change to around 130 which is what ever setting zoom

text width makes it.

I would like to use it for viewing email attachments in outlook, it can be
helpful when reading digests of in plain text, especially since the text
appears to be some kind of optimized true type font for a screen instead

of
the bit mapped fonts normally used. It's obvious the individual fonts are
rendered to screen better in this view.

Do you have the same wasted screen space to your right and left side of

the
reading view image of the page if you let it only display one page (not

side
by side)?