Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B Kevin B is offline

Default Can't delete object in document

Try clicking FORMAT in the menu and select BORDERS AND SHADING. In the
dialog box click the PAGE BORDER tab and in the settings panel on the left
click NONE and click OK.

--
Kevin Backmann

"GTifeld" wrote:

I have a weird problem here that I can't figure out. Someone gave me an
80-something page document where several of the pages contain an item that I
don't recognize. It appears to be a border or banner that appears on the left
side of the page (seemingly outside of the margins). It's actually a vertical
shaded bar with text inside it written sideways. I can't click or right click
on it and none of the things I've checked from the toolbars seem to apply to
it. It only appears in "Print Layout"; Not in "Normal or Format View".

I'm completely stumped. How do I get rid of this? Any ideas? Thank you in
advance.