Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Better, more customizable grammar and syntax checker wanted

I think I may know what you are encountering. Is it along the lines of
"service temporarily unavailable" or "Your Passport session has expired. You
must return to the Discussion Group home page and sign in again before you
can post"? If that's the case then the error you are encountering is for
your notification request, not your post. Your post will still go through
but you may not receive a notification that your post has an answer. If
that's the case then you can subcribe to a post after it's been posted.

It's been awhile since we've seen this, (4 years maybe??) and I thought it
was fixed. Although I think it was due to a time out issue so dial-up might
explain it.

As an alternative to the web interface, if you are able to use Outlook
Express to access the newsgroups you may prefer it over the web interface
you are using. It's MUCH faster! (I think the web interface is slow even
with high speed Internet access. g) If you want to try it then click this
link and this group will be added for you:

Then to find replies to your messages, use View/Current View/Show replies to
my messages.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"lawrencae" wrote in message
Thank you Suzanne. Sorry for all the redundant posts. I think you probably
are on the right track about my problem connection. It is a DSL connection
but it is not very good one. I am presently in the Philippines where
quality
is certainly not a high priority consideration. Stiil I must take some
blame
due to my lack of experience with the system provided here. I will know
in
the future that even though I get an error message saying something to the
effect that the server cannot be found, I must wait to see if the question
am trying to upload has been receive or not before I hit the back button
and
do it all over again.