Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How do I get symbols to display in mail merge

You can use the txt file itself as the datasource and if it contains those
symbols, they will appear in the merged output.

--
Hope this helps

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid, professional basis.

"cocciastella" wrote in message
How do I get symbols to display in mail merge.
The symbols are the copyright, registered tradmark and tradmark. They are
not in a specific place but could be anywhere. I have tried saving the
txt
datasource to rtf format and then inserting into word doc so the
datasource
is a word doc but the symbol is corrupted from the text to to the rtf. In
the
text datasource it looks like:

"Report1","Subject1", ...
"xxReport","Itemxxx® description",... Which is correct.

I can't understand why word does not recognize these symbols. I get a
backwards
squiggly E. instead. I set the language to be English. Do I need to
change
the code page? How is that be done?

Thank you

Thanks!