Mitchelled

Actually, you can't completly eliminate field codes using find and replace as
the brackets still remain. But close enough.

Thanks

"Jezebel" wrote:

ADVANCE fields displace the following text -- in your examples, downwards by
12 and 6 points respectively. Deleting them will change the appearance of
your document, but it's probably a good first step in cleaning up the doc.
To delete them in bulk, display field codes then use Find and Replace:

Search for: ^d ADVANCE
Leave the Replace box empty. The click Replace All.

"Mitchelled" wrote in message
My Dad sent me a 145 page document that he scanned in (his fathers
autobiography). I've been working on formatting the book, and have found
ton of field codes in the doc I didn't knowingly put in.

They all look like {ADVANCE \d12} or {ADVANCE \d6}

I have 2 questions.

1) What does this field code do and where did it come from (it was
converted from Wordperfect at one time)

2) How can I do a mass deletion of these (there are hundreds)? Or should
do a mass deletion of them?

Thanks!