Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can I use a friend's computer out of town and connect to mycom

Fern Ruth wrote:
I have a very ill relative and need to be with her many miles from home.
Hence my question.

Take with you the files you need (on a USB memory stick, for instance)
and work at your relative's computer offline. I really am no expert when
it comes to connectivity (those experts are sitting in different groups
:-)), but if your home computer has no fixed IP address, I don't think
anyone will be able to connect to it under normal circumstances.

I don't only use the internet and email I use MS Word for
many of my tasks. Feel free to try and explain this if you wish. I always
think it's better to be polite and help if one can.

If you think Jay's email was impolite, you have read a different message
than I. Fact is, the "forum" you posted is dedicated to Microsoft Word.
Your problem (description) is not. [Actually, maybe 95% of all messages
in here are not exactly on-topic for "document management", and most
regulars are less than happy with the way Microsoft makes the groups
accessible, but we've learnt to live with that eventually :-)].

If you read in here a bit, you'll find all sorts of posts, from very
polity to plain rude. Jay's was certainly on the former side IMHO.

Greetinx
Robert