Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Copy/Paste default formatting

Using Word 2002 in XP.

When I copy and paste text from one document into another, very often it is
pasted with the original doc font and formatting rather than adopting that
of the recipient document. There appears an option button that allows me to
then select that the formatting be changed to that of the receiving doc, but
it is not the default, thereby forcing me to constantly have to change it.

Is there a way to make the default that the pasted text adopts the
formatting of the document it is being pasted into?

Jeff