Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben A C Smith

Default Word 2002 SP3 not printing range or comma separated page value

Hi,

I tried this but it too does not work. I opened another long document that
is not mail merged and it printed fine using '1,3,4,10-12' , 's1, s2' etc.

I guess it must be an isolated problem with this mail merged document. Any
further suggestions?

PS:// when i tried to use s1,s2 it told me it was incorrect syntax.

Thanks for your input.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:07:02 -0800, "Ben A C Smith"
(donotspam) wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea why MS Word 2002 SP3 will print a document - all
pages, but it will now not print a range of pages e.g. (13-20) or pages input
like: 2,5,7,19,22 etc.

It all worked fine until I added SP3.

Any help would be appreciated as I have a mail merged document with 200
pages and need to print off just some of them.

Thanks in advance.

A mail merge document consists of a separate section for each record.
Use the "s2,s5,s7" syntax in the Print dialog to print specific
sections. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...leSections.htm for
more.

This hasn't changed with SP3 -- in fact, I think it was the same in
Word 2.0.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman