Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default "Same as previous" loses an item midway thru doc

Are you sure the field itself is really missing? Press Alt+F9 to display
field codes and make sure that it is actually absent from the header. If so,
post back.

If the field is still there but is not resulting in any text, then it is
almost certain that the style has been inadvertently applied to a blank
line, page break, or the like. You can use Find to search for the style.

BTW, I assume you know that using a StyleRef field can make it unnecessary
to have section breaks in order to change the header text, so I would guess
that the section breaks are necessary for some other reason, such as chapter
openings with a different First Page Header?

http://word.mvps.org

"christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com" u3143@uwe wrote in message
Word 2003, XP: I use two Styleref fields in a header, and use "Same as
previous" for all the sections after the first. But on one of the
sections,
the second of the Stylref fields disappears. I'm unable to trick Word into
giving it back. I've tried switching "Keep with next" off and back on,
removed the section break and added it again. When I try adding the
missing
Styleref field at the point where it disappears, it doesn't show, whether
"Keep with next" is turned on or not. The style in question didn't get
accidentally applied elsewhere in the document. So I'm stumped. Would
appreciate suggestions.

--
Christopher Brewster
Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN