Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Milovan Milovan is offline

Default page number background color

Thanks so much. This helped.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

The page number is a type of field, and what you are seeing is the
field shading. To turn it off: on the Tools menu, click Options. Click
the View tab. At "Field shading," choose "Never."

Note, however, that field shading doesn't print; it just helps you
identify fields in a document, which can be useful.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Milovan" wrote in message
Page number in the header of a document displays with a grey

background. I
have tried to remove it by removing the highlight color, but it did

not help.
Also, when I send the document to my colleague, the background of

the page
number dissapears. This only happens in documents when opened in MS

Word on
my computer.