jenelle

They may be both linked AND embedded.
VERY odd: the Tools Options setting on View tab for print and layout options
had everything unchecked--including drawings and objects. NOT my settings,
but it did happen on this 410 page document. How come customer can see the
drawings and I cannot? These aren't toggle settings.

There's no VB nor macros in this document.

How do I get rid of the anchors from the graphics...this capability seems to
have disappeared in 2003 Word.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The missing graphics may be linked rather than embedded.

"jenelle" wrote in message

I've grown up writing large tech reports involving a multitude (200+)
graphics. Over the years (decades), I've learned to avoid anchors, frames,
etc. I have a style Figure (centered, keep with next), Figure Title to be

the
format for the caption I insert (under the figure) and same with a table:

the
caption appearing ABOVE, and formatted as a keep with next paragraph.

I have a large report wherein a user created anchors and scores of

carriage
returns to create blank space...and though the file is HUGE, I can see the
anchors over at his site, but FTPing a zipped version of the file to

myself,
all the anchored graphics are GONE (the size is there, but no pix, no
anchors, and Edit Go to Graphic proves that all but 11 of the 200 or

so
pix are simply missing.

Where'd they go?

Short of wanting fancy brochure-style wrap around text to flow around a
picture, I see no purpose in anchoring a graphic...actually, what I see is

an
impossible to predict behavior of the graphic and it's anchor (what is

that
thing attached to?!). I've put anchored graphics at absolute locations of

page (works good for a Company logo to be stuck in the Header, for

example),
thus repeating in exactly the same place on every page.

How can I recover the missing anchored pix? Is this a problem when
zipping/unzipping a file? As far as I know both myself and the other user
have XP OS and Office 2003. Would different versions of WinZip cause this
anomaly? What does Word do with anchored graphics?