Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Top margin vs First Line "At" position

What often happens in headers and footers is that you paste content from one
to another. No matter how carefully you copy the content excluding the
paragraph mark and paste over the existing paragraph mark, Word will still
give you an extra, empty paragraph. Unless you have nonprinting characters
displayed, you may not notice this, and the header/footer will be oversized
for no apparent reason.

"edo_nick" wrote in message
I found solution.
Document has 2 sections.
There was offset of first line of even pages in second section.
I set different header/footer to have different alignment of page numbers
in
footer.
But header for even and odd pages is the same.
I found that header on odd pages has set "Same as previous" but not even
pages (I think there was no reason because first section has not even
page -
it is just title page).
Setting header property "Same as previous" on even pages is enough and
work
is done.