Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alan Gillott Alan Gillott is offline

Default Do I really have to use keyboard Shortcuts to do things that used to be on the Menu?

I have run into issues using Word 2007 that need to be on the Wish list for
a new Word.
1) There a many things I cannot do any more using menus (the mouse). For
example, Insert field. For example I am expected to learn Alt Shift O to
insert a TC entry. Please can we have the Insert Field menu back - more to
the point, I should NEVER HAVE TO LEARN KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS. PLEASE!!!! It
took me 45 minutes to discover there was no obvious way of doing it with a
mouse!
2) I can no longer toggle formatting marks on and off on the fly: this is a
vital method of figuring out what idiotic thing the other guy did and a
quick way of looking at the likely final layout when, for example, inserting
TC entries (You notice a theme here?). Having to wander off to turn Word
Options on and off is irritating, and likely to leave my default setting
incorrect. This Needs to be somewhere in the View Ribbon.

Thank you