garfield-n-odie

A few ideas:
1. In Word, if you are in Normal view, switch to Print Layout
view.
2. In Word, click on Tools | Options | View | check the
"Drawings" box and uncheck the "Picture placeholders" box | Print
| check the "Drawing objects" box | OK.
3. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211324 "How to
create a watermark in Word 97 and in Word 2000".

Alcav wrote:

Whan I insert a background using Word 2000 in my XP Home Edition system, it
neither appears in Print Preview nor does it appear in the printed page. I
have tried using a picture (.gif) chosen from file, and a texture supplied as
part of Word. I have the same problem when I try using a watermark.

I would appreciate any direct help and also a reference where I can learn
the insertion and placement routines fully.

TIA. Al C