Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do I find the "plus or minus" sign?

You can hold down the Alt key while you type 0177 on the number pad (with
NumLock turned on). Or you can use the Insert Symbol dialog, where you'll
find it about 20 characters past the lower case z. If you use it a lot, you
can assign a shortcut key combination to it.

For general info on inserting symbols, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

dita@ut wrote:
I need the mathematical "plus or minus" sign, i.e. a plus sign over a
minus sign. Is there a trick or a symbol I have missed?