Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VG9kZCBGbGVlbm9y?=,

Glad you have it working. Probably, the roman numeral for page numbers is
stored in one of those section breaks. If, for example, you had any continuous
section breaks that once were "active" when roman numerals were defined, and
then, because they moved on a page, weren't accessible in the UI when page
numbers were changed back to Arabic.

To solve this problem, I copied over the text of the document into a new
document being careful not to copy any of the section breaks. I re-inserted
new sections breaks where needed an all is well.

Concerning the old document, the page number format at the top is "1,2,3..."

Pager numbers on the pages are also in the format "1,2,3..."

I just can't find anywhere in the document where the number format is roman
numeral.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org